What is an Aesthetics nurse?
Northern Sydney Dermatology’s aesthetics nurse is a qualified and experienced registered nurse who is also a fully trained laser operator. She works alongside our dermatologists and provides services and treatments either under the recommendation of the dermatologist, or through her own consultation and recommendation. The nurse always works within her scope of practice and experience including:
- Skin analysis using electronic tools
- Skincare product recommendation
- Chemical peels for acne scarring, redness, hydration, pigmentation and to improve the skins texture.
- Consultation and laser treatments for a range of conditions including facial redness, pigmentation, reduction in signs of ageing or for reduction in capillaries/ spider veins.
Please note that at Northern Sydney Dermatology only our doctors perform injectable treatments such as anti-wrinkle or soft tissue filler injections.
Northern Sydney Dermatology’s Aesthetic Nurse is a fully qualified and experienced Registered Nurse and Beauty Therapist who is also a qualified Laser Operator to the highest current Australian Standards (Queensland Radiation Health).
When should I see a Dermatologist for Aesthetic reasons?
A dermatologist is a doctor who specialises in treating the:-
- Mucous membranes (e.g., lining inside the mouth, nose, and eyelids.)
Dermatologists diagnose and treat more than 3,000 different diseases. These diseases include skin cancer, eczema, acne, psoriasis, and nail infections.
Dermatologists can also help to improve the appearance of a patients’ skins. For example:-
- Diminish wrinkles, age spots, and other signs of ageing
- Make acne or other scars less noticeable
- Remove certain lumps and bumps depending on their type, location or refer to a plastic surgeon where required for cosmetic reasons especially for the face.
- Reduce the appearance of facial redness/ capillaries and leg veins
Dermatologists care for patients of all ages but may be limited in providing aesthetic treatment for younger children at this practice.