Co2RE(TM) Co2 Laser
What is a carbon dioxide laser?
Carbon dioxide (CO2) lasers have been used for many years to resurface skin. Typically, they are used to improve skin texture and tone, reduce wrinkles, remove sun damage and pigmentation, and to tighten skin on the face. They work by removing a fine layer of skin as well as heating the skin. This remodels the skin’s collagen, and this leads to significantly smoother, firmer, and more even-toned skin.
Despite the dramatic results, there are many downsides to treatment with traditional carbon dioxide lasers. The risk of traditional carbon dioxide laser treatment includes prolonged recovery periods, gradual loss of skin pigmentation, and a relatively high risk of scarring in comparison to non-ablative lasers.
Our new technology laser, however, is a carbon dioxide laser that uses fractional laser technology to effectively resurface skin with fewer risks and less downtime than with traditional carbon dioxide lasers.
- Our carbon dioxide laser uses tiny columns of laser energy to resurface skin.
- It can be used to treat wrinkles, acne scarring, other types of scarring (including burns scars), skin pigmentation and skin sallowness and helps to tighten skin. It can also be used to treat off-face areas such as the hands, neck and décolletage.
- The laser can be used in fractional mode, which reduces downtime and risk by treating a ‘fraction’ of the skin through the use of special handpieces that fire small columns of laser into the skin, leaving spaces in between.
- Treatments can be done at various energy levels to tailor the results and downtime accordingly
- We can also use the device as an alternative to surgery for removal of some lesions and moles. A consultation with our Doctors is required to ensure the best skin plan for you.
- Full recovery takes from 4 to 14 days approximately depending on the level of energy used in the treatment (this can be tailored to your requirements). Off-face areas usually take longer to heal, and usually only lower energy levels can be used for these areas.
Fraxel is for people who want to look good – and want real results – but don’t want the overly change or extended downtimes that comes with surgery. Fraxel fits into any lifestyle and your current beauty regimen:
- Non-invasive, clinically proven to be safe, easily managed into your routine
- Significant change you just can’t get from lotions and creams
- Simple, effective treatment that really reverses signs of ageing
In the decade since Fraxel first pioneered true fractional laser technology, physicians around the world have treated more than 800,000 patients. That’s nearly a million treatments for women and men of all ethnicities, each with their own reasons for wanting to look and feel younger.
VBeam Perfecta® Pulsed Dye Laser
Proven as a safe tool for the treatment of vascular, pigmented and certain non-pigmented lesions with a low incidence of side effects. Used to treat:
- Acne Scars
- Facial & Spider Veins
- Leg Veins
- Pigmented Lesions
- Scar Treatment
- Striae (Stretch Marks)
- Vascular Lesions
The GMax laser is used in the treatment of pigmented lesions, age spots and freckles. It can also be used to treat leg veins and vascular lesions.
The dynamic cooling device delivers a cooling mist on to the skin prior to the laser pulse being emitted. This mist helps with comfort during treatment and to minimise side effects afterwards such as redness.